Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD) is one of the very common problems faced by teenage girls and women. Also known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), it is a disorder related to reproductive part of the female. It is caused when an excessive amount of male hormones i.e androgens are produced in ovaries which results in infertility, menstrual disorder, the growth of excessive facial hair like men, acne, pimples etc.
Precautions to beat PCOD
Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD) is treatable and one can easily beat PCOD by following the below mentioned steps:
- Exercise:Yes! No matter what, exercise is one of the best ways to beat PCOD and regularize you menstrual disorder. Due to regular intake of high dosage of medicine body weight increases which surely adds on to the problem. Thus one should maintain an average body weight. Exercise is the cure to many health problems and PCOD is surely one of them. Exercises which are best for this are cardio, running and lower abdomen exercise. These exercises help in creating pressure on lower abdomen and help in regularizing menstrual cycle.
- Say no to dairy products: No matter how much you love cheese, milk, curd etc, if you are suffering from polycystic ovarian disease then you should surely cut out dairy products. These products are a source of insulin and can increase the storage of glucose in fat cells. Thus cutting to dairy products help in controlling the production of androgens (male hormones) which contributes to PCOD.
3.No to fast food: When we talk of exercise and cutting of dairy products the main motive that points out is towards a goal of maintaining an average weight and not to become overweight. Thus fast foods are super bad for your body in case of PCOD as they can agitate the body hormones. This may further cause an excessive increase of body fat adding to laziness and sickness.
- 4. Increase intake of Omega 3 fats: to boost your metabolism and beat PCOD, it is very necessary to increase the intake of omega 3 which helps to balance the insulin levels. For this, you can start eating baked fish which are a great source of omega 3 fats. Alternatively, you can also ask your gynecologist to prescribe you omega 3 capsules.
5. Focus more on liquid diet and veggies:
Focusing on liquid diet doesn’t mean to start yourself by drinking all day long. It also implies focus on more green veggies as well as drink more vegetable and fruit juice. This will help you to keep fulfilling your body nutrient craving and also will not contribute to increased weight.
6. Skip alcohol: if you want to get relief from PCOS then avoid alcohol for three months. Alcohol overloads the liver which is already working on detoxification and balancing of hormones. Few drinks of alcohol makes the liver overwork and use stored up antioxidants and vitamins.
Thus to beat polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD), stick to low calories diet and healthy food along with regular exercise.