Continued from …1
Makeup and exercises for eye care
1. Accentuate your eyebrows to make your eyes beautiful. If required darken the eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil. Do not overdo it.
2. Apply a thin line of eyeliner carefully to highlight your eyes. For small eyes, it is better to use lighter shades of eyeliner.
3. To hide dark rings and fine lines, apply suitable concealer around the eye area.
4. For making eyes more dramatic use eye mascara or artificial eyelashes at the end of the makeup.
5. Your cosmetic products for eyes should be quality products; otherwise, they may prove to be harmful.
6. Again it is essential to remove your makeup at the end of the day so that your eyes can breathe.
Exercises for Eye Care:
a) While working continuously, take a mini break to take proper eye care.
b) Rub your hands for few seconds and place your palms gently on your closed eyes. This will help in releasing stress and make your eyes relaxed.
c) To relieve the stressed muscles, fill water in your mouth and now splash water on your face. Now spit out the water. Repeat.
d) The eye exercises if suggested by the doctor should be done regularly so as to make them stronger.
During a recent visit to an Optician, one of my friends was told of an exercise for the eyes by a specialist doctor that he termed as 20-20-20 .” It is apt for all of us, who spend long hours at our desks, looking at the computer screen. I Thought I’d share it with you. 20-20-20
After every 20 minutes of looking into the computer screen, turn your head and try to look at any object placed at least 20 feet away. This changes the focal length of your eyes, a must-do for the tired eyes.
Try and blink your eyes for 20 times in succession, to moisten them.
Time permitting, of course, one should walk 20 paces after every 20 minutes of sitting in one particular posture. This will help blood circulation for the entire body.