Health Benefits of Cucumber
9. Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath.
10. Cucumber juice is also beneficial for teeth and gum problems, especially in cases of pyorrhea.
11. Cut an entire cucumber and place it in boiling water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber will react with boiling water and be released in the steam. This steam if taken by the new mothers and college students during final exams will reduce stress.
12. The high silica content of cucumber also helps to prevent splitting and spoiling of nails of the fingers and toes.
13. Regular intake of cucumber juice mixed with the juices of carrot, lettuce of spinach helps in promoting healthy hair growth.
14. Cucumber dice with apple cider vinegar, oregano and salt make a quick, electrolyte and enzyme-rich snack to boost energy level.
Other benefits of cucumber
1. If you do not have the time to polish your shoes, rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide quick shine to your shoes.
2. Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface of stainless steel sink or any vessel that you want to clean, It will not only remove the years old tarnish but also bring back the shine. Moreover, it will not harm your fingers or fingernails.
3. If your bathroom mirror gets fog after the shower, rub a cucumber slice to eliminate the fog and provide a soothing and spa-like fragrance.
4. To erase pen writing use skin of cucumber to erase it. It will also work on crayons and markers to erase from the walls if kids have used to decorate the walls.
5. Place a few slices of cucumber in a small pie tin in your garden, your garden will be free from grubs, slugs, and pests throughout the season. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give odd a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pest crazy and make them flee the area.
Precaution: If you are allergic to cucumber or has been advised by your doctor not to use any vegetable due to any health issue then you should not use it without your medical professional advice.