Extra tummy protrusion seems an epidemic problem taking place because of a lack of exercise, walking, and the absence of balanced food on the platter. Contrary to the popular belief, you don’t need fancy gyms but foolproof plan and will power to achieve the desired result. So what way, one can lose the extra baggage? Just by devoting faithfully their 15 minutes every day at home only. Yoga, aerobics and freehand exercises, along with the balanced diet intake, make you the winner of an enviable flattened stomach. Here are top home exercises to get a flat tummy.
Home exercises To Get Flat Tummy
Pike and extend – The exercise impacts Abs and Legs
- Lie down at a mat face-up and slowly lift the left leg straight upwards, now crunch up forward and upwards in an effort to touch the foot of the unbent leg.
- Bring arms overhead behind and over the head, and at the same time lower the leg to the ground.
- Then crunch up again by lifting upper back by trying to hold straight up leg’s toes by hands. Repeat this method at least twenty times with both the legs one by one.
Climber’s way- Stomach Abs, Back, Leg and arms
- Start in a pushup position and lift your head and upper portion of the body with your body straight behind you.
- Now bend your one leg up and try to bring closer to the chest, putting pressure on the stomach, then take the leg back and repeat with the other leg in the same pushup posture.
- Do it for 2 minutes, as many times as you can do.
Side Crunch– Standing posture- Oblique muscles and legs
- Stand on your left leg and left arm extended parallel to the ground, lift right foot a few inches above the floor.
- Keep your right hand on the back of the head, elbow bent and extended fully to the side.
- Lift your right leg to the right bent elbow. Do it 20 times each side.
Bend it with the dumb-bell- Chest & Abs
- Lie face-up on the mat, one leg stretched straight and other leg bent at the hips to right angle.
- Both hands extended to either side holding a dumbbell each.
- Now lift the straight leg little above the ground and stretch, at the same time lift the dumbbells slightly above the ground and stay there for the count of three. Then start again and it 10 times then change leg.
Press & Bend- Glutes, Abs, and Shoulders
- Sit on the mat with knees bent and feet on the mat, holding dumbbells near the shoulders.
- Lean back a little and extend arms straight up, as you lift the legs slightly up from the ground. Try to get your legs nearer to the chest.
- Hold to a count of three then repeat it, do it for 15 times at least.
Twist down and touch- Abs, Legs, and Glutes
- Stand with the legs 2 feet apart, bending the right leg at a right angle, lunge with left leg bent and touch the right foot with the left hand.
- Stand up, lift left knee in front of you to hip height, and bring fists to the chest, bending elbows out to sides as you twist left
- Twist to center, lunge left leg back, and repeat. Switch side and repeat, do it 15 times each
Lift and twist – Core muscles, trimming and toning the waist
- Live on your back on the mat, hold the back of your neck, now lift and twist the upper body to one side.
- Bring your elbow to the other side touching the other leg’s knee. Inhale and back down, then exhale and lift and twist to the other side. Repeat 10 times on each side.
Surely these top home exercises to get a flat tummy will help you to a great extent.