Home Remedies to Treat Gout Effectively
Gout is a disease common among people suffering from arthritis. As per various reports about 2.5% of the population suffers from this disease around the world. The reason behind this is the buildup of uric acid in the blood. Due to too much of uric acid in the blood which kidney is not able to eliminate, starts to crystallize and accumulate in joints causing gout. New studies indicate that a high level of uric acid in the blood may increase the chances of developing diabetes, heart disease, stroke and kidney diseases. Gout might be triggered in you by:
- Drinking a lot of alcohol
- Going on a crash diet
- Sudden trauma and illness
- Joint injury
If you are facing gouts then you can go for medication but some home remedies are also very effective. The best part is that these home remedies can be used together with medication also and have no side effects. Some of the most effective home remedies to treat gout effectively are:
1. Reducing your sugar intake is very important if you want to treat gout. Similarly, you need to eliminate grains also from your diet as grains break-down as sugar only.
2. Add cherries and strawberries as a permanent part of your diet. Anthocyanins, as well as a bioflavonoid, are two very important constituents of cherries and they can greatly help you in treating gout. These home remedies reduce inflammation and also the pain leading towards an eventual cure.
3. Don’t drink alcohol:
Alcohol consumption leads to the retaining of urate in the body which is strictly prohibited for a gout patient. Consumption of alcohol can not only worsen gout but can also cause it.
4. Drink ample water:
Drinking good 8 glasses of water can really help your gout situation as it not only removes the urate from your body but also prevents the formation of stone in your kidney.
5. Keep a check on your diet:
Keeping a check on your diet is a key home remedy to counter gout. Researchers have reached a conclusion that people who eat a diet rich in seafood and meat are more prone to gout. Same as alcohol, some particular types of meat and fishes are rich in purines, which cause the increase in the concentration of uric acid in the body causing gout. You should also some purine-rich vegetables also such as spinach and peas. You can also have a glass of low-fat milk every day.
6. Fruit juice, sweet beverages, and soda should be avoided by you for curing gout completely.
7. Herbal medication: the usage of herbal medication has always been an essential part of home remedies to treat gout effectively. Herbs have the capacity to remove toxins from your joint and also fight and reduce inflammation. Some of the chief herbs with anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties are flower tops, gingerroot, devil’s claw root, and meadowsweet leaves. Some other useful herbs can be listed as capsicum, boswelia, licorice, and feverfew. The way to use these hers is:
(a) Mix 1 cup of water with half a cup of powdered herb, whichever you are using.
(b)Then you need to cover this mixture and steep it for about 10 minutes.
(c)You should drink a cup of this every day.
“The Ultimate Gout Diet and Cookbook” is an eBook in which details about optimizing gout diet has been discussed that reduces the level of uric acid in the blood. This diet is called “The 80-10-10 diet” which consists of 80% carbohydrate, 10 % fat and 10 % consisting of protein. This eBook will guide you about proper nutrition diet that will help in preventing gout and importance of exercise for gout sufferer. If you want to reduce the uric acid from your blood and get rid of gout problem, you may get more information in “The Ultimate Gout Diet and Cookbook”