Childhood obesity is a complex condition as children gain weight not just for one but for several reasons. The early obesity cause could be genetic, lack of physical activity, and an unhealthy eating disorder, or the amalgamation of all these. Besides, there could be a hormonal issue for uncontrolled body weight in childhood, but all said, there are habits that can reduce childhood obesity:
Breakfast to begin their day
You need to balance the calories and nutrients in obese kids. As the day begins, the breakfast is number one meal that can help control body weight. Keep the right balance of carbs, proteins, and nutrients in the breakfast. Having a regular breakfast would not invite an early hunger, which often leads to overeating. The breakfast eating children are good performers in school and have a positive mindset, which helps in a healthy living style.
Say NO to their eating out
One of the important habits that can reduce childhood obesity is that the kids should eat what you serve them that is a better option than eating junk food outside. The overeating is instigated by the temptations of variety in fast food joints that can be avoided by restrictions. Overweight kids are more susceptible to gain more weight, as they normally love to eat burgers, chicken nuggets, French fries, and an unrestricted supply of soft drinks. Consuming high calories is avoidable if home-cooked food is offered to them.
Encourage them to have a balanced food
- Give them vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain products more
- Serve them low-fat dairy products.
- Pick lean meats, poultry products, fish, lentils, and beans for protein
- Serve reasonably-sized or smaller portions
- Encourage kids to drink lots of water
- Limit consumption of sweet beverages, sodium, and saturated fat
- A 100 calorie or less food for them should be either of these, a medium-size apple, a medium-size banana, one cup blueberries, carrots, broccoli or bell peppers, and 1 cup grapes.
Physical Activities to Reduce Childhood Obesity
Guide them to stay agile and active, encourage them to be active in physical games, adventure trips, and other physical activities. Make them understand that these activities will help in weight management, keep their metabolism in great shape, it will reduce the stress and anxiety, and keep their bones stronger.
Set their time for discipline
Discipline is the major habits that can reduce childhood obesity byways of setting goals in eating and maintaining a physical routine for the obese kids. Develop rules for them to follow religiously.
- Reduce sedentary time to a minimum
- Limit their screen time to a maximum of 2 hours on TV, computers, mobiles, and other gadgets
- Fix hours for homework and reading
- Never allow TV for 2 years or fewer kids
- Set their meal timing, sleeping & morning waking hours
Maintain an Appropriate Body Weight
The recommendations should be focused on small but lasting changes in eating and other disciplines. It works better than the short-term efforts or experimental arrangements for the weight-loss that can’t be sustained for long. In treating most overweight children, try to prevent weight gain first, and then look for the ways to reduce it by organizing Appropriate Body Weight the lifestyle.