The sunspots are also referred to as age or liver spots. However, they have nothing to do with the liver. These age spots may have very little to do with age. These spots are often gray in color and may accompany other signs of sun damage like dry skin or wrinkles on the skin. Nevertheless, you can get rid of sunspots with preventive steps and home remedies. Read further.
Reasons for Sunspots on Skin
Prolonged exposure to the sun may result in the appearance of patches of discoloration on the skin, known as sunspots. When your skin is exposed to ultraviolet rays of the sun, the skin produces more melanin to protect itself and counteract the damages in collagen fibers from these UV rays. The repeated excessive exposure to the sun leads to the formation of melanin clusters. It may result in sunspots and hyperpigmentation. These sunspots may vary in shape, color, and size. Moreover, These spots mostly occur on those parts of the body that get more exposure to the sun such as the face, hands, shoulders, and at the back of the neck.
Fair skin people are more likely to get these spots in comparison with those who have a dark skin color. In some cases, hormonal changes, puberty, and blockages of skin glands may cause these spots.
These sunspots can make your skin look ugly and old. There are various ways to get rid of sunspots but you need a lot of patience. Before discussing the treatment to get rid of sunspots, let us discuss some preventive measures.
Prevent Sunspots on Skin
1. Avoid going outside in the sun when sun rays are more intense. If you go outside between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM, Try to wear a hat, sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV rays, and light color, lightweight and tightly woven material clothing.
2. Apply sunscreen of SPF15 or higher to all exposed areas 30 minutes before going outside even in the car and repeat this procedure every 5-6 hours, especially if you are swimming or perspiring. Apply sunscreen even in cloudy weather. Make sure that your sunscreen contains protection against both UVA and UVB rays. You can prepare a sunscreen at home also.
3. Drink plenty of fluids to keep your body hydrated.
4. In addition, eat lots of high-quality protein foods that may include raw fruits and vegetables to supply the vitamins and minerals needed for skin rejuvenation.
Get rid of sunspots on Face, Hands, and Skin
Here we will discuss some of the natural, home remedies to cure, fade the sunspots:
1. One of the popular remedies to fade the sunspots is to apply the mixture of apple cider vinegar and onion juice at the sunspots and keep it 15-20 minutes. Another way of using onion and apple cider is to dip the onion slices in vinegar and place them on the patch.
Alternatively, apply lemon juice on the affected portion and wash your face with lukewarm water properly and pat dry. Lemon juice will bleach the dark spots. Regular use of these home remedies will fade the sunspots on the face and hands, and a new skin layer will emerge.
2. Smash strawberries and apricot to make a paste and apply a face mask to lighten the dark spots.
3. Citrus fruit like orange contains a rich amount of antioxidants and vitamin c that helps to prevent damaging skin cells from radicals and also helps to revitalize skin cell tissue. Tomato may also help to empower the skin to fight against UV rays. Take a piece of tomato and rub it to the skin at sunspots for a few minutes and it will help to deal with sunspots.
4. Aloe Vera regenerates skin tissues. Mix green tea tree oil with Aloe Vera juice and apply on the sunspots to get rid of the problem and getting a younger-looking skin tone.
5. Coconut water is equally beneficial in treating sunspots from the root. With light cooling & bleaching effect, this heavenly grail is pretty easy to use. Squeeze out fresh coconut water & apply it over the affected area. Let it dry followed by washing with cool water. For better results, use it twice a day.
6. Another super ingredient easily available in your kitchen is none other than tomato. The powerful antioxidant ‘lycopene’ found in tomatoes helps in lightening stubborn sunspots. Extract the juice from a fresh tomato or rub a thin slice of tomato directly on the affected areas. Leave it for 10-15 minutes till it dries out. Continue this remedy 3-4 times a week for visible results.
7. The lactic acid present in dairy products like milk, buttermilk & yogurt gently remove the dead skin cells & brightening the skin. Soak a cotton ball & put it on the aggravated areas. Wash it with lukewarm water one dry. Thereafter, apply this remedy a couple of times during the day to treat the sunburned skin.
8. Papaya is more than just a healthy fruit. This fruit contains enzymes such as papain, which helps in lightening the sunspots & discoloration. Take 2-3 cubes of ripe Papaya, apply the mashed pulp on the affected areas. Let it stay for 10-12 minutes. Wash it using cool water.
9. Additionally, Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth exfoliates the dull layer of the skin by improving the blood circulation. To make a pack, take 2 tablespoons of Fuller’s earth, 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel & form a consistent paste using rose water. Apply this pack & let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash the pack with cool water once it dries. Apply this pack 2-3 times a week.
10. Rub a slice of potato on the spots daily. Wash it off after it dries out. The azelaic acid in potato reduces the sunspots & pigmentation.
EBook for Natural treatment of Sunspots
There are many more effective natural treatments with homemade remedies that are compiled in an eBook in “Whitening the Skin“. Herein the process of pigmentation; herbal/chemical skin lightening agents, exfoliation of the skin, effective lightening treatments, and acceleration secrets to lighten and brighten the skin is explained. The Skin Lightening Report is a well researched, comprehensive “How-to” guide. It aims to tackle the problem of age spots, sun spots, melasma, and pigmentation.
The ebook educates consumers about existing skin lightening technologies. This guide also provides possible solutions to a variety of commonly encountered pigment problems. Moreover, it includes recipes that people can instantly use to start evening out their skin ton
This skin lightening report eBook comes with 60 days money-back guarantee. To cure your sunspot and pigmentation problem get “Whitening the Skin“