In the summer season, your skin needs more care as it looks dull, blemished, and oily due to the free flow of skin’s natural oil. In summer sun’s ultraviolet rays penetrates the deepest layer of skin and damage the spongy protein and develop wrinkles. Some precautions, home and natural remedies for skincare in summer are given here.
Valuable Tips for Skincare in Summer
1. Drink lots of fluids to replenish moisture lost due to heat, sweat and; to flush the toxins out of the body.
2. Eat fruits, vegetables, and herbs that supply essential nutrient & antioxidants properties and keep your skin cool—-
(i) Juicy fruits like pears grapes, watermelon, and mangoes to nourish and clean the skin.
ii) Vegetables like leafy green vegetables, carrots, and lettuce.
(iii) Cooling herbs like mint, cardamom, fennel, ginger, cilantro, and basil.
(iv) Avoid iced beverages as that can create toxins and hinder digestion.
3. Drink a cup of milk every day, and also combine milk with ingredients like almond meal and rose water to make a Pitta-balancing skin cleanser.
5. Treat your skin at least once a week with a vegetable or fruit mask, suitable for your skin. You can use cucumber, papaya, apricot to prepare the mask.
6. Apply face-pack made with fruits or vegetables and blend with yogurt, honey, oatmeal, and lemon juice ( for oily skin) and rose water for dry skin for 15 – 20 minutes and then rinse with Luke warm water.
7. Wear loose-fitting clothes preferably cotton to release the trapped moisture so that your skin can breathe.
8. For patchy and dry skin, exfoliate the skin mildly. Grab a body scrub and hit the shower. Gently rub your exfoliator in circular movements on your entire body and rinse clean. Continue to do this 2-3 times a week. (prepare your own exfoliator/srub)
9. The safest way to protect your skin is to be indoors from 10 to 4 where the heat is maximum.
10. When you go outside in summer, use sunscreen and wear sunglasses. Besides, remember to carry a cap to divert rays.
More Skincare Tips to Remember in Summer Season
11. Apply sunscreen liberally and evenly to all exposed skin. Your sunscreen must provide protection against UVB & UVA rays and offers SPF 15 or higher. You can prepare your own sunscreen recipes at home.
12. Another worthy tip for skincare in summer that you need to follow. Every evening splash lot of cold water on your eyes. Soak cotton pads in cold water or rose water and place them on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. Keep your feet clean as your eyes and feet needs extra protection.
13. Not to forget, keep your bedroom cool, dark, and comfortable to have sound sleep and bust the stress. Early to bed and early to rise helps in keeping your skin healthy.
For preparing homemade recipes for sunscreen, exfoliation, moisture face masks, etc. “Buy Natural skincare Guide- Homemade Remedies“