Lung diseases are among the headlining causes of death and aren’t reserved for just smokers or cardiac patients. Respiratory ailments can attach anyone, and be mild as well as severe and in most cases, life-threatening. Comprising a range of complaints such as pneumonia, cystic fibrosis, bronchitis, asthma, lung cancer, etc. Lung issues are reportedly among the top killer among adults as well as elders. While many desperately look for clean air and anti-pollution solutions, a lung health-boosting diet is just as important. Here are important foods to eat if you intend to protect and cleanse the lungs:
1. Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Kale, Brussels Sprouts, etc. belong to the cruciferous vegetables (cabbage family). These foods offer plenty of antioxidants and aid in natural toxin cleansing of the lungs.
2. Sweet Potato, Mango, Papaya, Pumpkin, Cantaloupe, Grapefruit, offer a high amount of Carotenoids which is among the top rejuvenating antioxidants. As carotenoids reach the body, they get transformed into vitamin a which is highly potent for curbing asthmatic complications.
3. Omega-3 fatty acids
These fatty acids aid not only in curbing wrinkles but are also supported by clinical evidence regarding their balancing effects on asthma. Though fish, flaxseed, and nuts are among the top sources, many natural supplements and fish oils can also be sought.
4. Folate-rich foods
These folates- foods are also helpful in countering lung carcinogens while keeping the damage of cancer down and can be sought through the consumption of beets, spinach, lentils, asparagus.
5. Vitamin C
Vitamin C rejuvenating, anti-free radical cells and amazing for revitalizing the immunity. Typically found in citrus fruits, vitamin C not only cleanse lungs but also helps in countering ill effects of aging and can be sought through Kiwifruit, Grapefruits, Tomato Juice, Strawberries, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Cantaloupe Melon, Pineapples, Mango, etc.
6. Berries (Blackberry, Raspberry, Blueberry, Strawberry, Goji, Banana, etc) supply antioxidants (Polyphenols, Zeaxanthin, Lutein, Anthocyanins, Flavonoids, Beta-Carotene, etc) to the body, controlling the risk of cancer while enhancing natural healing power.
7. Flavonoids powerhouses, apples, are the perfect fruit to counter stress, skin issues and additional benefits of respiratory function enhancement only make it better.
8. Anti-Inflammatory Ginger
This aids in the clearing of the lungs (literal cleansing) while controlling any inflammation along with any sort of respiratory infection.
9. Garlic is well known for its medicinal benefits and its anti-inflammatory properties along with allicin presence make it a great solution for fishing infections. It further boosts natural immunity, triggers the elimination of free radical cells, and assists in keeping asthma issues at bay.
Turmeric spice famous for its cosmetic and medicinal properties is largely sought for its healing power. But its anti-inflammatory feature allows it to function perfectly to rid the lungs of cancer cells.
Other foods include Chili, Onions, Fenugreek, Goldenseal, Mullein, Eucalyptus, etc that can be incorporated into the daily diet. You can garnish or as spices through the salad. Cooking with these foods is fairly easy but you should make sure that you are getting ample amount through a consistent pattern to enable better nutrition absorption.
Most of all, maintaining a balance of nutritional intake and limited or restricted intake of stress-inducing ingredients, foods, and sugary treats will ensure optimal lung health results.