Inflammation and anti-inflammation foods
Do you ever feel a burning sensation in your body? Or see a sudden spur of red and swollen patches on your skin? These are some clear signs of inflammation. You might be allergic to some foods that you are unaware of, and so are unintentionally causing yourself this problem. The list below will help you get rid of inflammation yourself in a better way.
Foods responsible for inflammation
1. Alcohol- If you drinking more alcohol regularly, then you are causing irritation, inflammation, and damage to innumerable organs in your body. Reduce it to get rid of inflammation and other health issues.
2. Red Meat- With the consumption of red meat, a molecule called Neu5GC is introduced in your body which is responsible for developing antibodies. This eventually triggers constant inflammation. Avoid red meat to get rid of the inflammation.
3. Dairy- Milk is hard to digest. It causes lots of problems like skin rashes, various stomach ailments, hives, etc.
4. Sugar- Too much intake of processed sugar can cause severe inflammations. Divert yourself to organic sources like fruits if you love sugar that much.
5. Trans Fats- These fats are responsible for causing resistance to insulin and promotes inflammation, bad cholesterol, and obesity. Avoid consuming things like peanut butter, fast foods, deep-fried stuff, etc.
6. Iodized Salt- It has high amounts of sodium in it. You can replace iodized salt with sea salt which has various minerals in it.
7. Wheat Products- Wheat is known to form high amounts of acids in your body leading to inflammations. Don’t completely bar wheat from your life, just avoid genetically modified (GM) wheat consumption.
8. Food Additives- Many of these are loaded with sulfites, benzoates, and other harmful toxic ingredients which can be avoided very easily.
9. Cooking Oils- Avoid common cooking oils like soy, safflower, cottonseed, corn, and sunflower. These oils are responsible for causing inflammation internally.
10. Caffeine- Too much consumption of coffee and chocolates will lead to severe inflammations. Curb your intake and see the difference.
Foods that fight inflammation
1. Green Tea- This beverage has many anti-inflammatory flavonoids and it is also known to fight certain cancers. It will also help you to get rid of alcohol.
2. Ginger- Apart from fighting inflammation, ginger also helps in controlling your blood sugar levels.
3. Blueberries- They fight dementia, cancer, and inflammation of course. Also, they don’t allow your brain to age faster.
4. Extra Virgin Olive Oil- This oil has good amounts of anti-inflammatory fats that help in protecting your heart and also lowers the risk of asthma and arthritis.
5. Salmon- The Omega 3 amino acids in salmon help in taking care of many health problems including inflammation.
6. Cruciferous Vegetables- Broccoli, cauliflower, and kale are extremely rich in antioxidants and they help your body get rid of many destructive materials.
7. Turmeric- The curcumin in turmeric is loaded with anti-inflammatory elements. Turmeric relieves pain internally as well as externally. It will also help in reducing inflammation.
8. Sweet Potato- It has high amounts of fiber, vitamin B6 and C, complex carbs, and beta-carotene. It heals almost all kinds of inflammation in your body.
9. Kelp- It is a good source of anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor agents, as well as anti-oxidants. It is known to treat lung and liver cancer.
10. Nuts and Fruits- The ones rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants will help your body fight with not only inflammation but also a wide range of other problems.