Nose bleeding during summer is a common experience though it happens in winter as well. The crack of the blood vessels in the fore and back of the nose can trigger the blood loss. These vessels are sensitive and lead to a nosebleed. There are two types of nose bleeds: frontal and latter nosebleeds. In the first one, blood vessels at the fore of the nose crack, giving rise to blood loss. Latter is that in which the rift takes place in a deeper part of the nose.
Causes of Epistaxis or Nose bleeding during summer
Nosebleed usually starts from inside the entry of the nostril, in the middle of the nasal septum. Blood vessels of this area being unstable, rupture and lead to blood loss. The factors causing nosebleed are:
- Basic disfigurements like genetic depletion.
- Nasal sprays and prolonged usage of the nasal steroids
- Middle ear barotrauma because of the rapid change of the stress.
- Surgical Procedures such as practical endoscopic sinus surgery.
- Experience to warm, & arid air for long periods of time.
- Vitamin C and vitamin K deficiency.
- Contagious disease (cold) or high blood pressure.
- Cocaine use & Connective tissue syndrome
Preventions for a nose bleed
The following safety measures can help to avoid the nosebleed:
- Give away the habit of nose-picking.
- Always breathe your nose softly. Do not smoke.
- Make use of a humidifier in the winters when the inside environment is dry.
- Using a saline nasal sprayer to keep inside of the nose moistened.
- Stay indoors during hot weather. If you need to then cover your nose with a hanky and your head with a cap.
- Do not blow your nose very hard especially when it is blocked due to cold.
- Squeeze all the soft parts of the nose together between the thumb and index finger. Press resolutely headed for the face – Exhale throughout your mouth as you do this.
Home remedies for nose bleeding
To clean your sinuses: hold your head over the sinker & shower it. Tilt your head towards the right. Spew the salt-water mix into the left nostril. Move your head position if the water is going towards the back of the throat.
Holy herb or Tulsi
You can simply chomp some fresh tulsi leaves to quiet down the spoiled blood vessels. You can even take the juice from that leaves and filter a few drops of the juice in each nostril.
Begin by lying down on your back and leaning your head back with your nostrils opening towards the sky. Put 3–5 drops of Nasya oil in each nostril. Drop by droplet, encircling the inner perimeter of your nostrils: take a breath in, then rest for some minutes permitting the Nasya oil to enter.
Dip the cotton ball in onion juice and place it in the pretentious nostril for 3-4 minutes. Another selection is to place an onion part below your nostrils and breathe in its odor.
You can huff the dry pulverized nettle leaves or excerpt the juice of a few nettle leaves and pertain a few drops of that leaf juice on every nostril to halt nosebleeds.
Hence, a healthy diet rich in vital nutrients with these curative remedies can stop the nosebleeds and avoid its relapse in the future.