Water is the main component of the human body and about 70% of the body’s mass is made of water. The doctors suggest drinking eight glasses of water but its requirement of an individual depends upon the body size and build of the body. Drinking sufficient quantity of water is necessary to maintain good health.
But as per the health point of view, it is more important, how you drink it. When you are thirsty or feel an urge of drinking water then drink slowly (drop by drop) as it will give extra benefit to your health.
1. It is the most important component required for the effective working of your body and maintaining good health as almost every cell present in your body needs water for proper functioning.
2. Various tissues of your body are composed of water as such adequate consumption of it makes you more energetic.
3. Adequate quantity of drinking may help to increase your metabolic rate and also improve the digestive system.
5. A large amount of fluid is lost in day to day functioning of your body through evaporation, breathing, sweating, urine, and stool, drinking water replenishes these losses daily to keep your body hydrated and maintain proper functioning of all the organs of your body.>
6. It saves your body from many health issues as in case of lack of water, your heart has to make extra efforts to pump freshly oxygenated blood to your organs or may not be able to supply an adequate quantity of oxygenated blood that may disrupt the proper functioning of the organs and may cause many serious health issues.
Flush out the byproducts of fat
7. Water does not contain fat, calories, carbohydrates, or sugar. Besides, if you replace hydrating foods and beverages like juice, coffee, cold drinks, alcohol, milk, etc, it will control calories and help to lose weight. Water also helps to flush out the byproducts of fat that also keeps your weight in check.
8. Intake of adequate quantity of it prevents constipation and helps to maintain normal bowel function as it keeps the things flowing along your gastrointestinal tract.
9. In case of less consumption of water, your major body organs become exhausted due to an insufficient supply of oxygenated blood and you feel tired or exhausted. Drinking sufficient quantities will relieve you from fatigue.
10. Fluid losses occur in warmer climates, during strenuous exercises, at high altitudes, and due to any other reason. If not replenished with water, you can become dehydrated resulting in many health and skin-related conditions. To avoid such conditions intake of an adequate quantity of it is very important.
11. Drinking enough quantity can help in combating many skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, and wrinkles. It helps to maintain the elasticity and suppleness of the skin and prevent dryness by detoxifying the skin that will make you look younger.
12. Research suggests that drinking a substantial amount of water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine. Moreover, it reduces the risk of colon and bladder cancer.