One of the most vital organs of our body working tirelessly to remove toxins is undoubtedly the Liver. The liver plays a crucial role in our day-to-day health. Out of the many functions, the main job of the Liver is to purify the blood coming from the digestive tract before passing it to the rest of the body. Thereby keeping the toxins and harmful chemicals from getting into our bloodstream. But how to clean the liver? Check more on how to cleanse your liver with yoga poses further-
Yoga and Detoxification of Liver
Yoga is the natural way of flushing out the toxins from our body. With regular yoga, you can recover liver health without depending on medicines. The yoga asanas work as a stimulator in cleansing the liver from the unwanted chemicals and distributing essential nutrients to the body. Cleansing your liver with simple yoga poses will also help improve your overall health. A balanced diet with a healthy lifestyle can also have a positive impact on the liver.
Related post: Yoga Asanas For Detoxification
Cleanse Your Liver with Yoga Poses Effectively
The yoga asanas help in facilitating the process of waste removal. Now cleanse Your Liver with Yoga Poses and stimulate this vital organ.
Bhujangasana (cobra pose)
This serpent pose is quite as it looks. The Bhujangasana helps in improving the blood circulation throughout the body along while boosting the functioning of the kidney and pancreas.
How to do
- Lie down on your stomach with toes flat on the floor
- Keep your legs close together, with your feet and heels slightly touching each other.
- Now place your hands under your shoulder by keeping the palm downwards while making sure your elbows are parallel to the torso.
- Inhale taking a deep breath while slowly lifting your head, chest, and abdomen and keeping your navel grounded.
- Hold the pose for a while and exhale easily and while releasing back to the floor.
Naukasana (boat pose)
This quick yet effective asana helps treat liver conditions. The Naukasana or boat pose strengthens your liver by cleaning all the harmful toxins out of the body.
Image from Pinterest:https://in.pinterest.com/pin/524528687848942545/
How to do
- Lie on your back with feet together and arms beside your body.
- Now lift your chest and feet off the ground while stretching your arms towards your feet.
- Make sure your body rests on your buttocks.
- Remain in the pose as long as possible and keep breathing.
Malasana (garland pose)
Also known as the squat pose, the Malasana is aids in improving the digestive system, strengthens your metabolism, tones your abdominals while keeping your pelvic joints healthy.
Image from: https://www.gaia.com/article/malasana-squat-pose-or-garland-pose
How to do
- Get down to the squat position while keeping your feet close to each other.
- Now separate your thighs slightly wider than your torso.
- Inhale and lean forward in a way your torso fits gently between your thighs.
- Now press your elbows against your inner knees while folding your palms together (namaste pose).
- Hold the position for 30 sec- 1 minute, straighten the knees, and stand up.
Baddha padmasana (bounded lotus pose)
This asana helps in alleviating any pain in the ankle or joints, thereby making your legs strong while providing relief from indigestion and improving the blood circulation.
Image credit: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/597852919273082739/
How to do
- Sit down in padmasana with your legs crossed and both heels touching your lower abdomen.
- Gently take your right hand behind your back and catch hold of your right leg with the index and middle finger of the right hand.
- Repeat on the left side.
- Now press your chin against your chest and look at the tip of your nose. Hold on to this position and take slow deep breaths.
Gomukhasana (cow face pose)
Another effective pose to cleanse your liver with simple yoga poses, Gomukhasana is the best asana for treating liver disease. This asana stimulates your liver and ensures proper oxygen and blood flow throughout the body.
Image credit: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/657525614333351810/
How to do
- Squat on the surface, keeping one leg crossed over the other.
- Allow your spine to stretch out.
- Now place your right hand over your shoulder and the right hand over your rib area.
- Clasp your hands at the back and hold the pose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Yoga for Liver cleansing
1. Is Bhujangasana helpful for people with asthma?
Bhujangasana helps in stretching the chest, abdomen, and shoulders by enhancing the breathing and lung function. It is recommended for people with asthma.
2. What if I cannot clasp my hands during the Gomukhasana?
People with tight shoulders may face difficulty to do this pose. You can simply place a strap between the hands to do this pose correctly.
3. Is Malasana pose safe during pregnancy?
The garland pose helps build the strength for delivery. Make sure you do not feel any strain on your back during this asana. You can use pillows to support your hips while practicing this asana.