Health Benefits of Avocado
Avocado is a greenish, pear-shaped fruit, packed with the goodness of several vitamins and minerals. Check out immense health benefits of avocado-
5. Avocados are a storehouse of vitamin c, vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin B, vitamin E and many nutrients which are very essential in our day to day diet. Interestingly, one avocado contains 15% of the daily recommended potassium intake which is 4.7 grams.
6. Avocados are known for their dietary fiber which makes satiate your hunger. This can help prevent you from munching throughout the day and thereby aiding in weight loss & reducing blood sugar levels.
7. Avocado comes with many skin benefits too. Including avocado in your diet promotes healthy skin complexion, soothes dry skin & heals wounds faster. Avocado oil is known to increase the production of collagen, making your skin youthful & supple.
8. Avocados contain Carotenoids like lutein & zeaxanthin. These plant-based compounds are known to improve eyesight & reduces the risk of eye diseases.
9. Avocados are rich in compounds Persenones A & B. These are the antioxidants that help prevent inflammation and cancer.
10. Avocados are good for pregnant women & babies as well. It contains Folate or vitamin B9 which is important in cell and tissue growth.
NUTRITION FACTS ABOUT AVOCADOS
Studies have found that Avocado contains 73% of water and 15% of unsaturated fats. Half an avocado contains which is 68 grams contains these many nutrients & minerals-
|Total Sugar||0.2 g|
|Potassium||345 milligrams (mg)|
|Vitamin A||43 micrograms|
|Vitamin E||1.3 mg|
Additionally, for those who don’t prefer consuming raw, you can add it along with smoothies or various dishes to relish the goodness of avocado. However, consuming it extra would add calories so its recommended to have it moderately.
Avocados are now becoming increasingly popular as it is recommended by many nutritionists & dieticians all over the globe. Also, avocados are a must-have for people following a keto diet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do avocados have any possible side-effects?
There are no possible side-effects of avocados. However, if you consume it heavily you might end up gaining weight.
I am allergic to fruits like bananas and kiwi. Should I still eat avocados?
You might be having latex-allergy which is making you allergic to these fruits. In this case, you can avoid having avocados.
I am expecting and due in four months. Is it suitable for me?
Avocados are essential for pregnant women as it helps in building and maintaining new cells. However, you can still discuss it with your doctor before.
I am on a weight loss diet. Will eating avocadoes help me reduce my weight?
Avocados are known to satiate your hunger pangs and make you full. Therefore, you can include it in your daily diet regime.