You might be taking the utmost care of your face and other body parts to maintain your beauty. However, one body part that is least cared for or not looked upon is heels! Such ignorance leads to several skin problems and cracked heels in the long run. Cracked heels are very ugly and painful and do not heal easily. In order to solve such a problem, here are causes and a few home remedies on how to heal dry, cracked heels fast.
Common Causes of dry cracked heels
- Living in unhygienic conditions
- Body pressure
- Obesity/Weight gain
- Deficiency of certain vitamins and nutrients
- Wearing wrong footwear
- Extreme cold climate
H-Cracked Heels Formula 11ml – $29.95
from: Healing Natural Oils
Home remedies on how to heal dry, cracked heels fast
1. Banana and avocado foot mask:
- ½ avocado
- 1 fully ripe banana
- Put both the ingredients in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on affected areas.
- Rinse with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes.
- Do this daily until you see results.
2. Papaya and lemon juice:
- 2-3tbsp fresh papaya pulp
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Make a smooth paste from both the ingredients, apply it on your feet, and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid water, pat dry.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week but avoid keeping the mixture for more than 20 minutes on your feet.
3. Honey, rice flour and vinegar:
The antiseptic properties of honey aid in healing cracked heels; rice flour deeply exfoliates and rejuvenates your skin while the acid in vinegar softens your skin.
- 3tbsp rice flour
- 2-3 drops apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp honey
- Make a lump free scrub by mixing all the three ingredients.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water for 10 minutes.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and gently scrub for few minutes to remove dead skin.
- Rinse with normal water after 5-10 minutes. Repeat this process 2-3 times a week.
4. Oatmeal and olive oil:
A combination of these two ingredients will help you heal cracked heels faster. The anti-inflammatory properties of oatmeal remove dead skin while olive oil helps to nourish your skin and fastens the healing process.
- 1tbsp oatmeal powder
- 4-5 drops olive oil
- Make a thick paste by mixing both the ingredients.
- Spread it evenly all over your feet
- Leave it untouched for the next 30 minutes and then wash with cold water.
- Do it alternate days until cracked heels go away completely.
5. Lime and sugar:
This is one of the easiest and fastest home remedies to follow if you are dealing with the question as to how to heal dry, cracked heels fast. Lemon has natural acidic and anti-inflammatory properties while sugar is a natural exfoliate, their combination helps to heal cracked heels.
- 2 lemon halves
- 3tsp sugar
- Take one lemon half, dip it in sugar and scrub the affected area until the sugar melts.
- Use the other half and keep scrubbing until you finish remaining sugar.
- Make this remedy an everyday routine to say good-bye to cracked heels.
6. Tea tree oil and coconut oil:
Both these oils are very effective in cleaning, nourishing, conditioning your skin which further helps to get rid of cracked heels quickly and easily.
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 6 drops tea tree oil
- Mix both the oils in a given quantity and apply them on and around cracked heels.
- Massage your heels for 3-4 minutes.
- Now cover your feet with a pair of warm socks and leave overnight.
- Do this every night before going to bed until your cracked heels get cured.