As you age, there are certain things happen to your skin both externally- what you see-and internally-what you do not see. With the age, your skin gets thinner and underlying fat can also diminish. Once you turn 30 your skin is more vulnerable to becoming damaged and fine lines begin to appear. Your skin loses some of its elasticity. It becomes drier as a result of the production of less essential oil. These changes result in reducing the skin’s ability to mitigate the bad effect of sun exposure and other environmental factors.
Women in their 30s are often juggling with their career highs and lows, even pregnancy, small children and households that may lead to some changes in their complexion and well being. At this time of aging your biggest skin concern may be caused by sun damage or melasma. Now it is important during this time of life to get serious about taking better care of your skin and making healthy habits a priority. Smart anti-aging regimen, good skincare habits will help to set the course of bright, healthy skin.
Get started by following skincare tips for 30 plus Women given here:
1. Cleanse your skin each morning and make sure to remove makeup before going to bed and cleanse again.
2. In 30s skin cell turnover begins to slow down, leading to dull and uneven skin tone. To counter this effect on skin you should do regular exfoliation and moisturizing treatment. It is better to exfoliate at night rather than in day time as this will leave your skin in renewal mode and removing of the dead cell before bedtime enhances the skin’s function. Your exfoliation should be gentle and it is better to use homemade. You can prepare exfoliation recipe at home with granulated sugar, ground coffee, and freshly squeezed lemon, orange or lime.
3. At 30 your skin becomes drier so you need to moisturize more frequently in the day. You can prepare your own moisturizer for hydrating the facial skin at home. Take distilled water and mix 3-4 drops of rose or chamomile essential oil and keeps this mixture in a spray bottle. Carry it with you and keep spraying your face frequently in the day, especially in an air-conditioned environment. Shake well before spraying, your face will feel refreshed and re-hydrated.
Chamomile Oil, Pure Essential Oil, 10 ml (1/3 oz), NOW Foods – $34.99
4. Apply SPF regularly even in cloudy weather to protect your skin from harmful sun rays. It is the best way to protect your skin from sun damage and slow down the effect of aging on the skin. You can use a moisturizer that contains sunscreen SPF 30 or above.
5. Nourish your skin with face masks. Your face is exposed to all types of weather conditions throughout the day, so to nourish your skin apply a face mask once in a week. You can prepare a face mask for smooth skin at your home with banana, honey, chocolate powder, and rose oil.
6. Avoid using strong chemical-based products. Natural skincare products are safe and cheap for your skin. Also, avoid overuse of products on your skin.
7. Your diet also plays an important role in your skin’s health. You can maintain healthy and younger-looking skin only when you have a strong internal healthy system of your body. Always eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts. Avoid fried, greasy and junk food to maintain fabulous skin and good health.
8. Drink 8-10 glass of water to stay hydrated internally.
9. Avoid smoking and excess use of alcohol.