A healthy diet is crucial during pregnancy. It satisfies cravings, supplies nutrition to mother and baby, and keeps the mother full. No worries, no one is going to stop you from having the following recipes, as they are both delicious and nutritious recipes for pregnant women. Here are 7 tasty and healthy recipes during pregnancy to try out:
Peanut and Fresh Vegetable Salad Recipe
This is a nutritious salad and easy to digest.
Raw peanuts roasted – 2 cups
Carrots, chopped – ½ cup
Cucumber chopped – ½ cup
Tomato chopped – ½ cup
Green chilies, chopped – ½ tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped – 2 tbsp
Chaat masala – ½ tsp
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Pepper powder – a pinch
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
– Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
– Season with pepper and lime juice.
– Serve the salad chilled.
Mixed Vegetable Cutlet Recipe
Potatoes boiled – 2 large
French beans, finely chopped – ½ cup
Carrots, finely chopped – ½ cup
Peas – ½ cup
Onions, finely chopped – ½ cup
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Chilli powder – ½ tsp
Oil for frying the cutlets
Salt to taste
– Heat oil and sauté onions until translucent.
– Mash potatoes and add to the pan.
– Add the rest of the veggies and mix well
– Add chili powder and turmeric powder.
– Add some water and cook over a low flame until vegetables are cooked.
– Mash vegetables and divide the mixture into equal ball-shaped proportions.
– Flatten the balls and roll in breadcrumbs.
– Heat oil in a pan and fry until the skin turns golden brown.
– Drain excess oil and savor with green chutney or sauce.
Broccoli Pilaf with Pomegranate and Almonds
Broccoli is packed with nutrients necessary for a healthy pregnancy. It is also rich in fiber and antioxidants. This is one of the best healthy recipes during pregnancy.
Broccoli – 3-4 florets
Olive oil – 1 tsp
White onion finely chopped – 1 small
Garlic, crushed – 1-2 cloves
Stock -1/4 cup vegetable stock
Almonds flakes, toasted – 1 tsp
Pomegranate seeds – a handful
Freshly ground black pepper – ½ tsp
– Grind broccoli coarsely
– Heat a frying pan and drizzle oil
– Fry onion over low heat until softened and starts to caramelize
– Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds
– Add the broccoli and toss
– Cook for about a minute.
– Add the stock and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes
– Season with black pepper
– Serve with the pomegranate seeds and flaked almonds garnished over the top
Chicken n Vegetable Quinoa Soup
This is a healthy slow-cooker meal that you can make in a jiffy.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts 250gm
Boiled kidney beans – ½ cup
Boiled corn – ¼ cup
Carrots thinly sliced – ½ cup
Celery sliced – ¼ cup
Onion diced – ¼ cup
Quinoa – 1 small cup
Orange juice – ½ cup
2 Tomatoes with 1 green chili diced
Tomato paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic minced – 2 teaspoons
Chicken broth – 1 cup
Salt and pepper to taste
Bay leaf – 1
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Cumin ground – ½ teaspoon
Paprika – ½ teaspoon
Low-fat sour cream, fresh lime wedges for toppings
– Cut chicken breasts into even pieces.
– Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a large pot.
– Add in beans, corn, thinly sliced carrots, sliced celery, diced onion, quinoa, orange juice, diced tomatoes with green chili, tomato paste, minced garlic, and chicken broth.
– Add a teaspoon seasoned salt and pepper.
– Bay leaves, oregano, ground cumin, and paprika.
– Stir, cover, and cook on high until the chicken shreds and quinoa pops.
– Remove chicken and shred.
– Remove bay leaves and top the soup with fresh cilantro, fresh lime, and sour cream. Enjoy the soup.
Bean Soup Recipe
A simple yet complete meal packed with proteins is one of the best healthy recipes during pregnancy.
Kidney beans – 3/4th cup
Chopped onions – 1/2 cup
Chopped tomatoes – 2 cups
Finely of chopped garlic – 1 Tbsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 Tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 Tbsp
Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
Sliced spring onions for garnishing
Chopped coriander for garnishing
– Soak kidney beans overnight in water
– Add oil in a pan and sauté chopped onions until transparent.
– Add garlic, tomatoes, salt, and chili powder to pan and sauté for a few minutes.
– Add beans and water. Sauté for a few minutes.
– Transfer the content to pressure cook for 15-20 minutes.
– Once cool, churn kidney beans using a blender.
– Heat again and add lemon juice, coriander leaves, and spring onions.
Moong Daal Chilla
This moong ( split and skinned green gram) pancakes are a powerhouse of protein and antioxidants which makes it a necessary recipe for pregnancy. These can be savored with green mint coriander chutney. You can have it as breakfast or a snack.
Yellow skinless Mung Beans -1 cup
Rice Flour – 1½ tbsp
Chopped fresh Coriander – 1½ tbsp
Green Chilies (finely chopped) – 2
Onion chopped – 1 large
Ginger grated – 1 tsp
Water as needed
Salt to taste
Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
Oil to shallow fry the pancakes
– Soak the moong dal in water overnight.
– Coarsely grind the dal with very little water.
– Remove the dal batter in a mixing bowl and add water to make it a semi-thick batter.
– Add all other ingredients.
– Heat a non-stick pan and add a few teaspoons of oil.
– Place 2 tablespoons of batter on the pan.
– Spread it and allow cooking for a minute or two.
– Flip it and cook the other side too.
– Remove the pancake and savor with chutney and salad.
Cornflakes Crunchy Bhel/Healthy Corn Flakes Bhel
Cornflakes are a healthy breakfast option. Giving it a tangy spicy twist will satisfy your pregnancy cravings.
Cornflakes – 1 cup
Peanuts (roasted and skinned) – 2-3 tbsp
Potato boiled and sliced -2 tbsp
Tomato seeded and sliced – 11/2 tbsp
Cucumber sliced – 11/2 tbsp Salt to taste
Onion chopped – 2 tbsp
Chat masala (a tangy spice) – 1tsp
Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
– In a bowl, add corn and peanuts.
– Add all the other ingredients.
– Drizzle on lime juice.
– Shake and mix well.
– Have it immediately as it may become soggy.