Teens are the time when girls experience lots of changes in themselves. The change in hormonal balance influences their body, mind, and skin as well. At such time the right guidance from experts on how to care for skin is definitely a boon for them. The scorching sun can prove to be extremely harsh for girls in their teens. The teenage girls have sensitive skin that requires extra attention and care, especially in summer.
Here we have some simple yet effective tips of skin care for teenage girls that would help them to keep their skin cleaner, clearer and brighter.
10 Tips for skin care for teenage girls
1. The teenage skin is different from a woman’s skin. It is more sensitive, soft and susceptible to acne and other skin issues. Therefore, do not blindly follow your mother’s skin care schedule and harass your skin.
2. The heat can beat the glow of your skin. Sun rays can take away the soft glow from your face and can make you look darker, older and dull. Protect your skin from sun rays with the help of a good sunscreen with a minimum SPF 15. For extremely oily skin, select an oil-free sunscreen lotion.
Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 15, 8 oz, Dr. Mercola – $18.87
3. Do not rub or scrub your face harshly. Be gentle to your skin while cleaning it.
4. Avoid using soap bars for your face as they contain detergents that strip off the essential elements from the skin surface. Instead, use a mild cleansing gel specially formulated for teenage. Use it daily to remove dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells.
5. Moisturizing your skin after cleaning is compulsory as it nourishes the skin. For those who have oily skin, should use a water-based moisturizer.
6. Weekly exfoliation and face masks help the facial skin to maintain the natural glow.
7. Before going to bed, always cleanse and moisturize your face. There is no substitute for this step.
8. It is preferable to choose homemade recipes for skin care as they do not have side effects.
9. If you have pimples then do not touch or pick or squeeze them as the skin would get spoiled.
10. Drink lots of water to keep summer problems at bay. To keep your body and skin healthy, water is of great help.