The stress in today’s time is giving us too many reasons to ponder upon, especially about issues related to our overall well-being. The most common problem that is spread like a plague is hair loss. Why and how does stress make your hair fall and how can you avoid it- are some of the things that are discussed below.
What makes your hair fall massively?
- Stress, anxiety, or tension call it anything but your regular and too much worrying is worsening your hair fall. The good news is that this hair loss is not permanent. Some thoughtful changes in your lifestyle can bring about much-needed relief from this problem
Is the hair loss from stress permanent? Why does it happen anyway?
- Telogen Effluvium or hair thinning due to stress is not permanent. You will definitely start growing your hair back within no time.
- Stress interferes with your hair growth cycle which means the majority of your hairs’ growth goes on a resting period. And that’s when the falling of hair begins.
How to cope up with hair loss?
- Meditation is one of the best things you can do to curb your stress level. Don’t expect a hundred percent results right from the beginning, but regular practicing will give you amazing results.
- Follow a hair routine- like oiling your hair every alternate day, using a good chemical-free shampoo and conditioner, combing your hair before going to bed and also when you get up in the morning, so that the hair doesn’t get entangled and thus, break!
Original Beard Shampoo & Conditioner, 6.7 oz, Bulldog Natural Skincare – $10.46
- Stop worrying about your hair fall. Think of it as a one-time loss. Overthinking will cause you more stress and so, more hair fall. Instead of worrying, finding solutions will benefit you in the long run.
- This is probably the most over-rated solutions of all times, but if taken seriously it can do wonders to your mind and body. Regular exercise balances the chemicals in our body to offer beneficial results.
Some quick and easy home remedies to stop your hair loss
- Balanced diet- Your hair needs a good amount of iron and protein. Make sure you start eating foods rich in these two as well as zinc and selenium for stopping hair fall.
- Do not shampoo your hair daily. Your hair is deprived of nutrients already, regular shampooing will worsen your hair condition. Alternate days or twice a week hair wash is just fine.
- Get rid of other hair problems. For example, dandruff. If you are suffering from dandruff then you need to urgently take steps to get rid of it. Dandruff has great potential to damage your hair in the long run.
Listening to soothing music, yoga, and breathing exercises like Pranayam too are a great way to divert your mind from stress. The most important thing is learning how to control the stress and for that, you need to train your mind. No matter what, stress should not affect the quality of our life.