The dark circles under the eyes are a cause of worry for most of us. In the attempt to attain a flawless complexion, these dark circles on the face are an eyesore. We all try to find out the cause and cure of these dark rings around the eyes but actually need to understand some basic facts.
The presence of dark circles is reflective of our inner health. It could be due to deficiency of some vitamins like B6 or B12 or vitamin K. Or maybe deficiency of minerals in the body can also lead to dark circles.
The major reasons for dark circles
a) Overstress and continued hours of work with insufficient breaks also deteriorate the under-eye area leading to dark circles.
b) Lack of proper sleep on a regular basis reduces blood circulation causing darkness under the eyes.
c) Drug abuse, smoking, and alcohol may cause under-eye dark circles.
d) Dark circles are sometimes hereditary but that does not mean that they cannot be reduced.
e) Over exhaustion and long hours on a computer may also cause under-eye circles.
f) Aging can also be one of the reasons for dark under-eye circles.
Tips, precautions, and home remedies to cure dark circles under the eyes:
- The dark circles need to be cured if one wishes to attain a bright spotless face. No matter whichever is the reason, the tips are given below if implemented, the dark circles can fade away over a period of time.
2. Relax the space around the eye area. Wet a washcloth with cold water and squeeze out the excess water. Now place the cloth on your eyes for some time. Alternatively, soak cotton swabs in rose water and gently squeeze out the excess water. Now put these on your eyes to get a soothing experience.
3. The most tried and tested remedy is to apply cucumber or potato slices to your eyes for 10-15 minutes. This will again reduce the puffiness around the eyes and soothe the area.
4. Used tea bags can also be placed in a similar way. But make sure the tea water does not go into your eyes.
5. Take a balanced diet that contains sufficient minerals and vitamins like leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits. Also, take a multivitamin.
6. Avoid smoking, drugs, and alcohol if you really care for your health and beauty.
7. Try some over-the-counter under-eye creams rich in vitamin K. And apply as instructed. They may make a difference. One can also gently massage the under-eye area with almond oil for positive results.
8. Always apply sunscreen on your under-eye area because the sun rays can worsen the eye areas.
9. Take sufficient sleep daily and try to keep yourself relaxed. It shows on under eyes when you overstress or overwork.
10. Take plenty of water and fluids to improve circulation.
Home Remedies for Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes