Usually, hair becomes dry and frizzy during winter which can lead to hair fall or split ends. In order to avoid dryness, your hair needs tender care and nothing can be better than a natural hair mask. During this season your scalp and hair require deep nourishment and moisturization to stay healthy. Therefore, this season, simply nourish and moisturize your hair with the following DIY winter hair masks.
5 Natural DIY Winter Hair Masks
Natural ingredients that are easily available in the kitchen are just right for making these hair masks. Kitchen ingredients like Amla or Indian Gooseberry, Carrot, Coconut oil, Honey, Egg Yolk, etc. offer an abundance of vitamins, flavonoids, and antioxidants. These promote hair growth, a healthy scalp, and much-needed nourishment.
So, what are you waiting for? Here are 5 effective DIY winter hair masks helping you to keep your hair healthy and lustrous.
Gooseberry (Amla), Shikakai Powder and Coconut Oil Mask
- 2 spoons of coconut oil
- 1 spoon of shikakai powder
- 1 spoon of amla powder
- Mix 1 tablespoon of Shikakai powder and Amla with two spoons of coconut oil.
- Boil the mixture and after straining it massage it onto your hair and scalp before going to bed.
- Wash it off with regular shampoo in the morning.
Tip- It is recommended to use once every week for better results.
Using Of Carrot And Banana Mask
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 carrot
- 2 spoons of yogurt
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- 2 spoons of honey
- Boil the banana and carrot by chopping them into small cubes.
- Add yogurt, honey, and olive oil to the mixture of banana and carrot in a bowl.
- Form a paste and apply it on your scalp and hairs and cover your hairs with a shower cap.
- Wash it off after 45minutes – 2 hours using your regular shampoo.
Coconut oil and spinach hair mask
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 10 -15 spinach leaves
- Grind the spinach leaves after washing it and blend them until it forms a smooth paste.
- Extract the spinach juice and then mix it with coconut oil.
- Apply it to the roots of your hair and hair length and massage it for 15 minutes.
- Leave your hair for 45 minutes and then wash your hair with regular shampoo and lukewarm water.
Tip- For better results, it is recommended to try it two to three times a week.
Yogurt and spinach hair mask
- 7-8 leaves of spinach
- 1 cup yogurt
- Boil the spinach leaves and keep the water for cleaning the hair.
- Take the boiled leaves and grind them into a smooth paste and finally mix it with curd.
- Now, apply the paste to your hair and scalp and leave it for 40 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and try this once a week for better results.
Using Of Honey, Egg Yolk, and Olive Oil Mask
- One egg yolk
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Make a frothy texture by beating the egg yolk and add olive oil and honey.
- Mix it well and use the mixture to massage your scalp and hair for approximately 5 to 6 minutes and then leave it for 1 hour.
- Finally, you can wash it off using your regular shampoo.
Tip- It is recommended to try this thrice a week for better results.
Dry hair looks frizzy and can break easily, not only that it may lead to problems like dandruff because of dry scalp. However, using the above-mentioned DIY winter hair masks can make your hair healthy, strong, and well-nourished.