Fig is a member of the mulberry family and is mostly enjoyed as a dry fruit. It is one of the most loved and most nutritious dry fruits! Fig is commonly used in salads and exotic dishes, however, these days fig milk is more in trend. Fig milk not only improves overall immunity but also improves reproductive health to a great extent. However, fig milk recipe benefit is more than you think and you need to try it to see it!
Nutrition facts about Figs
1. Figs are loaded with vital vitamins such as vitamins C, A, K, B and minerals such as copper manganese, zinc, potassium, etc.
2. Eating 1 ounce dried figs provides 3 grams of fiber to your body.
3. Figs are one of the best plant-based sources of calcium.
4. These are rich in antioxidants, which help your body to fight free radicals.
Benefits and uses of figs
- Consuming an adequate amount of figs every day aids in meeting your daily calcium requirements due to which, your bone density increases and bones remain strong.
- Figs have the right amount of natural sugar and dietary fibers. Hence, when figs are included in the daily healthy diet it can help in sustainable weight loss.
- Figs possess aphrodisiac properties that boost reproductive health. Women particularly can improve their libido and fertility just by adding figs to their daily diet.
4. Cholesterol and cardiovascular diseases
These fruits help to reduce the bad cholesterol in your body by restoring a balance between sodium and potassium. Figs also contain omega-3, which reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Moreover, eating dried figs regularly lowers the level of triglycerides, which helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
5. The vital minerals and vitamins in figs not only improve your vision but can also prevent night blindness and cataract.
6. An enzyme known as ‘ficin’ is present in figs and it works wonders in strengthening your digestive system and stimulating bowel movements. Moreover, the physicochemical properties and other dietary fibers present in the figs contribute to better metabolism and digestion.
7. Daily consumption of figs increases the iron intake, thus increasing the production of blood in your body. Hence, figs help to cure anemia.
8. The fiber in figs helps to eliminate all the harmful waste from your body, which helps to prevent colon cancer.
9. The key vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of figs help your body to fight against various diseases by killing all the bacteria and viruses. Thus, regular consumption of figs strengthens your immune system.
10. The fibers in figs can also prevent women from breast cancer. Studies say that women who consume figs are at a 50% lower risk of breast cancer than the ones who do not!
Fig benefits for skin:
Reduces warts and boils:
Figs possess various anti-inflammatory properties. Also, the enzymes present in figs help to reduce boils and warts on your face and skin.
Applying figs paste directly on your face makes your skin softer and supple. It is due to the high amount of vitamin C and rich anti-oxidants.
Reduce aging signs:
Moreover, figs consumed or applied directly help to reduce dry skin, dark patches, acne, pimples, etc. Figs deeply nourish and rejuvenate your skin giving it a natural glow.
Fig benefits for Hair:
Figs contain vitamin C, which aids in keeping your hair strong and healthy. Regular consumption of figs can solve hair fall problems like a pro!
Promotes hair growth:
These are also loaded with some important vitamins like Vitamin E and Vitamin C, which are mainly needed for hair growth. Moreover, the nutrients in figs ensure proper blood circulation in the scalp. Hence, regular consumption of figs boosts hair growth.
Provides Natural hair conditioning and nourishing:
The benefits of figs for hair are so much that fig extracts are used in various branded hair care products! The natural enzymes and elements in figs moisturize your hair, nourish, give you frizz-free and naturally conditioned hair.
Figs benefits for brain health:
Healthy nervous system:
Figs help your body to absorb potassium. Interestingly, each nerve of your brain needs potassium in order to function properly. Hence, it is one of the best brain foods as consuming just 1-2 small cups of figs every day can meet your body’s daily potassium requirement.
Improves memory and concentration:
Figs contain Vitamin B-6, which helps your body to produce more neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters are a set of chemicals that your brain cells release to communicate with other surrounding cells in your body. It helps to maintain brain and body coordination. Eating 0.22 grams of figs daily can improve your memory and concentration. Try to seek fig milk recipe benefits for brain health.
Removes toxins from the brain:
Your brain contains glutamate in small quantity, if it increases, it can cause severe harm to your brain. However, eating figs will protect your brain from glutamate as figs are rich in manganese. In turn, manganese turns on the enzymes that protect your brain from glutamate.
Know about fig milk recipe benefit
- 2 cups chilled milk
- 3-4tbsp sugar
- 150grams fresh figs(5-6 figs)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract(optional)
- In a blender jar add 5-6 chopped figs, 1/2 cup milk, sugar, and vanilla extract and blend till smooth.
- Now add the remaining 1.5 cups of milk and blend once.
- Transfer it to a glass and serve cold.
Benefits of fig milkshake
- The high fiber content of figs helps to maintain a healthy digestive system.
- It provides calcium, iron and other vitamins to your body.
- It can help in solving PMS problems in women.
- The milk aids in increasing sperm count in men and maintaining good reproductive health of both men and women.
- It can work as a mood improver.
- It improves energy, memory, and concentration.
- Fig milk is an immunity booster drink too.